[SCCC] FS: 80-160 Loop antenna, rotor, preamp

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 11:47:28 PDT 2012

I have a shieled remote tune coax loop antenna, 6 ft on a side, Alliance HD-73 rotator, and KD9SV 160 preamp. The preamp has the loop tuning circuit built in to run off the 12V to the preamp (you supply). It also has a switch for two different RX antennas.

The loop is made with large diameter PVC and has the varactor diodes in a metal box, diamond shape loop. I forget how far above 80 it tunes, but it is large enough that you don't need a preamp on 80, and actually not very often on 160. I worked many DXpeditions I could not hear on my inverted L with this loop but I really don't stay up late enough or get up early enough anymore to work 160.

The rotor control box is costomized with toggle switches instead of the factory switches and has a new meter and front panel.

I need to get rid of all this in one lump sum package, asking $300 for the whole lot.

The neighbors were starting to ask questions hi hi

Rick, N6PE