[SCCC] IARU Championship

JOHN SCHROEDER n6qq at msn.com
Mon Jul 16 02:22:29 PDT 2012

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N6QQ
Operator(s): N6QQ
Station: N6QQ

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA

  160:
   80:
   40:    65      52     17       14
   20:  126    130     34       42
   15:  165    130     35       39
   10:    25      30     15         7
-------------------------------------
Total:  381    268    101      102  Total Score = 439,089

This was going to be a great contest from out West, until 1800z (11 a.m.
Saturday local) when a massive CME arrived and killed the fun. It was all
downhill from there, getting progressively worse.

I intended to stay at the radio to the very end, but there just wasn't much to
work after 1000z so I skipped the final two hours with the A-index above 30 and
still soaring (it was 54 when I got up Sunday morning, so I probably didn't miss
anything).

Still, the first part of the contest produced enough on 15M to vault me well
beyond last year's score, which was my only real goal. Far more mults than ever
before, thanks to European HQ stations on 15M.

No Europe on 40M
from here, with the Aurora so strong (maxed out at Au=10). Talk about a brick
wall.

Mults weren't nearly as plentiful on 40M this year without Europe workable (but
thanks to the ZL and VK lads for the zones -- conditions were pretty good to the
South Pacific).

Didn't find much on 10M -- open to the southeast and South America, but no rate
and few mults worked.

Thanks to everyone for all the fun while it lasted.

73 John -- N6QQ

ARRL and CQ awards QSL checker
Past President of Southern California DX Club - 2011www.scdxc.org

http://www.qrz.com/db/N6QQ