[SCCC] NAQP RTTY W6UX Single Op LP

Jeff Hall w6ux at ymail.com
Sat Jul 21 22:17:58 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: W6UX
Operator(s): W6UX
Station: W6UX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Irvine, CA

   80:
   40:
   20:  333    51
   15:   66    27
   10:
-------------------
Total:  399    78  Total Score = 31,920

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Rig: K3/100 w/MKII for FSK
Ant: Traffie Hex Beam
Log: N1MM

Worked 10 hours straight (1800 - 0600), mainly on 20, but spent about 90
minutes on 15.  I checked 10 a few times and heard no activity, and calling CQ
for a couple minutes there resulted in no QSOs.  Coverage on 15 and 20 was good
and I worked all corners of the country, various parts of Canada, as well as AK
and HI.  Also worked a couple French and Cuban stations.  I parked the Hex on
65 degrees the entire time.

The conditions weren't great, but I averaged about 40 Qs/hour.  Next year I'll
string an end-fed horizontal dipole for 40 to get a few more points.

-Jeff