[SCCC] K6NA CQWPX-CW

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Sun Jun 10 15:24:22 PDT 2012

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K6NA

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: SoCal-DM13
Operating Time (hrs): 35:47

------------
   160:
    80:
    40:
    20: 1435
    15:
    10:
------------

Really amazing conditions... many hours of openings to Europe and the
Far East, often at the same time.  Other SCCCers reported this
already.  Conditions were good enough that even a plain-vanilla K6
could make QSOs!

  Watching conditions during the period prior to the contest, I was
expecting all-night band openings on 20m and wasn't
disappointed.  The antenna is a stacked pair of old KLM five-element
Yagis (up since 1980 and '81).  The half-wave balun on the high
antenna appears to be ready to fall off the boom, as the old black
tape is gone, but apparently the lugs are holding it for now.  Thirty
years of wear-and-tear due to redtail hawks!  The lower Yagi rotates,
but the indicator is suspect because there is a defective control
cable in the underground conduit-- so I could rotate the side-mounted
lower one only occasionally, during daylight when I could see it
through the shack window.

Congrats to all the SCCCers who put in the effort to be active.

73,

Glenn K6NA