[SCCC] ARRLDX SSB N6WS SO Unlimited HP

Bill Shell n6ws at n6ws.com
Sun Mar 4 18:43:21 PST 2012

            7      90     270   48
           14     128     384   64
           21     285     855   88
           28     156     468   49
        Total     683    2049  268

             Score : 549,132
               Rig : FT-1000MP MkV, AL-1200

          Antennas : CC X-9 w/X-940 @ 17m, 75/80m Half-Sloper @ 12m

           Soapbox : I spent the weekend just searching and pouncing,
and working whatever was spotted on the Cluster.  Yard work,
visitors, other tasks, and sleep kept interfering with my contesting
time.

15m was particularly good.  The over the South Pole path at 2100Z on
Sunday was a nice surprise.  After working XE1XOE, I was able to work
LA3WAA, ES9C, and OG6N with good S9 signals.  I swung the antenna to
the North, and the stations were barely readable.  It made me get up,
go outside, and check to see if the antenna was pointed where the dial
indicated.

I was not able to hear VP9I on 75m or 160m, but I was able to work them
on four bands.

   I have observed all competition rules as well as most regulations
   established for amateur radio in my country. My report is
   correct and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be
   bound by the decisions of the Contest Committee.

   Date : 2012-03-04        Signature :