[SCCC] NX6T - ARRL DX Contest, SSB - MS HP

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 03:48:13 PST 2012

*                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): AF6WF, K6KAL, WQ6X, K6GO, N6OHS, KL7SB, NN6X, N6EEG, KD6HYN, N6KI
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 45.5

  160:    5     4
   80:   51    29
   40:  591    78
   20:  268    82
   15:  435    86
   10:  147    46
-------------------
Total: 1497   325  Total Score = 1,458,600

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Did not find CONDX as good as 2 weeks before when we did ARRL DX CW.
Lots of S&Ping interspersed with running JAs and other Pacific Stations.
160 Mtr band yielded few QSOs and 80 mtrs was also sparse. We did very well on
40 and 15 mtr bands with some good mornings runs into EU. No computer issues
which made us lose almost 8 hours operating time in ARRL DX CW a few
ago and all gear
and antennas performed well. Steve, KL7SB who was visiting from Alaska
and who we
had worked 2 weeks ago in ARRL DX CW Contest, stopped by W6HCD site
and though he says
he doesn't work SSB contests, could not resist jumping in the hot seat
to knockout
some QSOs. Linda KD6HYN, an aspiring SSB Contester drove down from
Whittier Sunday
and spent 4 hours in the hot seat coached by N6KI and got to run a
good 15 Mtr JA pile-up
the last 90 minutes of the contest and it turned out the second best
hourly rate.

 K3, ACOM 2000A, 2 El 40 Yagi at 78 ft, C-3 @ 70 ft, 3 El SteppIR @ 40 ft,
80&160 Mtr Inverted V Dipoles at 70 ft.*