[SCCC] W6TK - S)(A) AB(TS) HP

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Sun May 27 19:18:17 PDT 2012

Subject: WPX CW W6TK SO(A)AB(TS) HP

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 27.0

------------
  160:    0
   80:   21
   40:  156
   20:  409
   15:  619
   10:   21
------------

Comments:  Fun as always!  Strange conditions and for a variety of
reasons I got off to a slow start
and never seemed to be able to sustain a good run during the entire
contest.  I decided to try Assisted
and shoot for a CA record.  Not having a 40 Mtr beam - I have played
the contest in Tribander/Wire

category for years - but usually SO.  If I looked at the right info it
appears I bettered the past
CA/W6 - SO(A)AB(TS) HP record.  The obvious advantage being Assisted
is finding and going for all
the unworked prefixes - so that boosted my score up considerably.
Even though RF paths seemed to be

somewhat skewed and bands were "different" than I expected looks like
there were a lot of high scores
 - so don't know where I will end up when the dust settles as far as a
SO(A)AB(TS) HP record - but it

was a good time.  Scot, KA3DRR, operated locally at W6SL's well
equipped QTH and jumped ahead of me
from the get-go and I wasn't able to catch up - good going Scot!  Also
- looks like Tim, N6WIN, did well

also - good going guys!  73's until the next time!  Dick

Equipment:
Rig:FT-1000MP MkV ---> Alpha 87A
Antenna's:  10-40 Mtrs: 4 ele SteppIR at 55 Ft with 40 Mtr rotatble dipole
                         80 Mtrs: 1/4 wave sloper

Software: N1MM - latest version
Interface: microKeyer I