[SCCC] W6TK

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:08:47 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: SB

------------
  160:    0
   80:   47
   40:   39
   20:  289
   15:  253
   10:  148
------------

Comments: Had two major operating times - at beginning of contest and
Sunday afternoon.  The
Unlimited category certainly helped find a few illusive needed mults
for the Sweep, but got most
of the sections in the first 6 hours.  WV was the last and hard one
for me this time.  Got back on
Sunday afternoon about 1330 and had nice runs on 10 and 15 but 20 was
unbelievable - they just

kept calling - very NICE.  Decided to try Low Power this time - pretty
unusual for me.  My goal
was the SB UL record - which was pretty low from last year. Passed
that in first few hours.

After contest was over I looked up the Division record for UL and
noticed I passed that one too
- so we'll see who else played UL in Division...keepin' my fingers
crossed..hihi.
Went QRT about 1730 Sunday - I was surprised in the amount of activity
Sunday afternoon.
SB section was more active this time - but still had many say thanks
for SB. 40 was tough with

the rotatable dipole on SteppIR - 80 was a little better with the 1/4
sloper but not much. Had
dinner with wife and her visiting sister and niece on Sat evening -
got back on but went QRT

about 2130.  I am certain the higher SFI and low A and K indices
really helped even though this is
stateside 'test - seemed better than CW weekend.  Now - hopefully 'Ole
Sole will cooperate next

 weekend for WW-CW!  Thanks for all the SOCAL Q's - 73's Dick