[SCCC] Another SCCC gavel

Wayne Overbeck overbeck6 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 04:20:19 EST 2012

The results of the 2012 ARRL UHF Contest are now online
at ARRL.org.  It was a pretty good year for SCCC.

The club had an aggregate score of over 1.2 million
points, nearly four times the score of the #2 club,
the Mt. Airy VHF Club in Pennsylvania.  The Potomac
Valley Radio Club was third.

Individually, the top four rover scores nationally
were posted by SCCC members N6NB, W6XD, W6TAI and
N6EY (with W6TE).  N6MU was #5 nationally in the
single operator low power category.

Maybe what is most amazing about this club effort
is that it wasn't planned until a few days before
the contest.  It was the Tuesday before the contest
when we decided to rove.  On Thursday, N6MU agreed
to get on at my home QTH--but just for long enough
to work the rovers in four grid squares.  He was
probably surprised to see that he was #5 nationally
(out of 94 SOLP stations).  We were all a little
surprised by how well this one turned out.

Once again, thanks to Field Marshall Art Goddard,
W6XD, for his leadership and organizational skills.

73, Wayne, N6NB