[SCCC] Fwd: CQWW CW N5ZO(@K6NA) SOSB/15 HP

Marko L Myllymaki marko.l.myllymaki at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:02:40 EST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <webform at b41h.net>
Date: Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Subject: CQWW CW N5ZO(@K6NA) SOSB/15 HP
To: 3830 at contesting.com, marko.L.myllymaki at gmail.com

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N5ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: K6NA

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: California

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1066    33      111
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1066    33      111  Total Score = 399,744

Another contest with one arm, having left arm still in cast.  Couldn't
really
use 2nd VFO of the radio at all.
This was new zone (3) for me to operate from and my 19th one.
Sure was nice to drive just 10 miles to Glenn's fine station and return home
for the night to sleep in my own bed...

Tough going to EU from out here.  N1MM statistics shows combined 269 QSOs to
zones 14 and 15.  And just 5 QSOs to zone 16 !  JAs are easier from here
and I
have 422 QSOs to zone 25.  And 32 QSOs to zone 24 !  Zone 24 has highest QSO
total after 25, 14, 15, 4, 3, 5...  China is clearly coming up, but maybe
not
fast enough...
Did not work anyone from zones 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 34, 39.  I think I heard
one
station from zone 17.

Station played well, only problem was to find batteries for my WinKey on
Sunday
morning just after getting on chair for EU opening.  I thought that thing
did
not need batteries when connected to USB port...

Equipment: Mark V + Alpha 87A + 4-o-4 yagis.
Thanks to Glenn and Jane for another great contest at their house !
73 de Marko N5ZO

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/