[SCCC] Radial Connections

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 23:13:44 EDT 2012

Hi all,

When I had my house tented I had to disconnect the radials on my inverted L.

There is a 20 foot pipe that sticks up about 3 feet above the roof and the insulated vertical section is fed there with a big ferrite choke.

The radials were connected at the base 3 feet above the roof.

There are about 40 and it would look better if I kept the radials flat on the roof and brought them all up the 3 foot section to the ground lug on the vertical mount.

Any comments one way or the other ?

Tie them all together at the roof and run one wire up or tie them to the 20 foot pipe at the roof ?

Rick, N6PE