[SCCC] N6HE RESULTS - CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2012

Ray Day rayday at cox.net
Sun Sep 30 21:39:56 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N6HE

Operator(s): N6HE

Station: N6HE

Class: SOAB HP

QTH: So. Calif.

Operating Time (hrs): 28:17

Band  QSOs  Pts   State/Prov  DX   Zones

   80:   25    31         17       4        5

   40:  124   205       37      22    13

   20:  181   283       43      28    19

   15:  206   437       38      44    22

   10:  109   256       19      28    20

Total:  645  1212      154     126    79  Total Score = 435,108

Had a blast! Operated 28 hours. HI power, but with 25-foot-high dipoles
(felt like I was running a sprint carrying a suitcase).

The "Screw-Up Fairy" visited me a few times, but Murphy only ate an audio
filter this time, so no complaints.

Saw MY call spotted a couple of times (this NEVER happens!) so I thought the
software was having problems. Har!

Favorite thing: seeing a guy send "STOP TAIL-ENDING, YOU LID!" during a
pile-up.

Suggestion to CQ-ing stations: Please send your TU or QSL to me before my
call, not after it. I know you're talking to me, and all I need is the
TU/QSL - and quickly. It helps speed me on my way. It'd be greatly
appreciated by many, I know. Tnx!

Mystery-Of-The-Universe-Question:  Why do I get visited by the Screw-Up
Fairy in QSO's with people I know? Why can't all those fumble-fingered or
brain burp embarrassing things happen when I'm in an exchange with someone I
don't know and will no doubt never meet? Why with my friends?

See you next year!

73 and GL,

Ray N6HE