[SCCC] DXBash, RSVP reminder and details

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Sun Aug 4 15:04:37 EDT 2013

SCCCers,

You are invited to attend the SoCal Summer DX Bash, hosted this year
by San Diego DX Club at the QTH of K6NA.  Many DXers and contesters
from SDDXC, SCDXC, and SCCC will attend and we hope you'll be there,
too!  Your spouse, partner, or DX pal is welcome.

WHAT:  SoCal Summer DX Bash - BBQ lunch and cold refreshments
provided by SDDXC.
WHO/WHY:  DXers greeting old friends, meeting new ones, relaxing in
the country at the K6NA antenna farm.
WHEN:  Sunday, August 11, Noon - 5PM.
WHERE:  14250 Calle De Vista, Valley Center CA 92082.  This is North
San Diego County; 7 miles NE of Escondido; 25 miles E of Oceanside,
and about 8 miles E of the I-15.
MAPLINK:  http://www.sddxc.org/2013-bash.htm
MAP NOTE:  The ONLY entrance to Calle De Vista is from Valley Center
Road, just SOUTH of the Lilac Road/VC Road intersection.

TRAVEL NOTES:  From San Diego via I-15, north of Rancho Bernardo,
exit at Via Rancho Parkway; go east (R), VRP becomes Bear Valley
Parkway; follow it to East Valley Parkway in Escondido; go east
(R).  EVP is County S-6, and becomes Valley Center Road.  Proceed to
Valley Center, the turn at Calle De Vista is 100ft past Fat Ivor's
BBQ Ribs.  Proceed one mile on CDV.

 From Interstate 5:  Del Mar area, take County S-6, Del Dios Highway
to Escondido; continue onto 2nd Avenue heading east; 2nd Avenue
merges with Grand Avenue, continue east on Grand to Ash Street.  Turn
north (L) on Ash, proceed one long block; turn east (R) on East
Valley Parkway and proceed to Valley Center (see above details).

 From Interstate 5, southbound from LA/Orange County:  At northern
edge of Oceanside, exit Hwy 76 east.  Proceed to East Vista
Way.  Turn south (R) on East Vista Way.  Proceed one mile to
stoplight at Gopher Canyon Road; turn east (L) onto Gopher Canyon and
proceed to Champagne Blvd (old 395, east of I-15); then follow
details per 'Temecula', below.

 From Temecula/Fallbrook, southbound I-15, exit at Gopher Canyon/Old
Castle Road.  Go east (L) on Gopher Canyon, under freeway, to
Champagne Blvd (old 395); turn south (R), go 800ft; turn east (L)
onto Old Castle Road; Old Castle merges with Lilac Road; take the
right-fork to continue east on Lilac to three-way stoplight at Valley
Center Road; turn south (R), go 800ft to a very sharp left turn onto
Calle De Vista.  Proceed one mile on CDV.

CONTACT:  Glenn Rattmann K6NA, phone 760-749-3936.
RSVP:  Please RSVP with number in your party by Tuesday August
6th!  k6na at cts dot com

MENU:  Beef burgers, ribs, sausages, hot dogs with all the trimmings,
chicken, salads, etc.  Veggie patties and plenty of veggie items for
the non-meat eaters, too  New this year:  Jane's top secret, fabulous
special baked macaroni and cheese.  This seasoned delight is not your
mother's mac-and-cheese!  Plenty of the usual cold drinks, including juices....

WHAT TO BRING:  Hat!  Sunglasses!  Your callsign badge! Your
sea-stories! ... and your favorite camping chair/lawn chair if
possible.  We will have plenty of shade but Valley Center can be very
hot in August (long range forecast:  Mid eighties).

CARPOOLING is encouraged!  If you can walk 300 feet, turn left into
the property prior to the 40m Yagi tower, park in the field, and walk
up to patio stairway.  Others, please drive up PAST the
house/driveway, turn around, and park ONLY along the right side of
the road FACING OUTBOUND direction.  Avoid parking on the blind
corners.  The driveway at the house will be held open for
wheelchair/walker drop-off.

Glenn and Jane look forward to greeting you here!
*****Please RSVP*****