[SCCC] Return to DM17 (Goldfield, NV)

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 7 16:17:17 EDT 2013

Gang - my wife Joan and I will return to our second QTH in Goldfield, NV -
from Aug. 10th to 20th.   When we are there, we are in Esmeralda County, and
grid DM17 - both fairly rare.

I'll be ready to go on FSK441 with Meteor Scatter on 6 meters, as well as
JT-65HF.  And, of course, good ol' CW and SSB.  And I can be on 'regular' HF
bands if you want the county.

Of note:  the Perseids Meteor Shower happens this coming weekend, so there
may be a few more meteor scatter opportunities than usual.  I will make it a
point to be on the air on Sunday morning on 6 meters.  I was able to work
both K6GXO and WB6BFG when we were there in June - some combo of
backscatter, tropo, and meteor burst.

If you need DM17, lemme know and we'll give it a try.  I can make skeds
anytime, but it seems that meteor scatter works better in the early morning
(which is too bad since I'm not much of a morning person!)

73 - Jim, K6ZH

NOTE:  the callsign I use in Goldfield is KG7NV for Goldfield Nevada!