[SCCC] ARRL 160 W4EF SOHP

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sun Dec 8 21:25:11 EST 2013

     CallSign Used : W4EF
       Operator(s) : W4EF

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
              Band : ALL
             Power : HIGH
              Mode : CW

         Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
          1.8      40      80   21
        Total      40      80   21

             Score : 1,680

I did a little S&P with my station in Littlerock via remote control from
Tujunga. Rabbits chewed up my receive antenna feedlines, so all I had
was the transmit antenna. The local man-made noise on 160 meters has
gotten really bad up there at my Littlerock QTH to the point that I
could hear better listening on my rig in Tujunga. So there would be no
rules violation, I only did this as a test (I didn't use the Tujunga
receiver to complete any contacts). It was interesting to hear
difference between the two receive sites from selective fading.

In any case, I really need to chase down that noise source. Topband used
to be fun from up there. Now it is "hell on ears".

73, Mike W4EF..............