[SCCC] K6NR ARRL DX CW

Dana Roode k6nr at arrl.net
Wed Feb 20 23:23:08 EST 2013

                   ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

 160:   22    11
  80:   69    32
  40:  155    52
  20:  235    63
  15:  410    65
  10:  301    62
-------------------
Total: 1192   285  Total Score = 1,015,740

Fun contest, with great (but not perfect) band conditions. 10
meters was open from here on the west coast to europe on Sunday
morning, but signals from northern europe were weaker than the
strong signals from the south.  160 meters was not strong, I was
only able to make 10 contacts to Japan.  However, the rest of
the bands were stellar.  I usually have problems on 40 meters
but my 4 square array seemed to work great this time around.

One indication of good conditions: 6 band QSOs - in this case
with HK1NA, JA3YBK, JS3CTQ, KH6LC, PJ2T and PJ4X.  I worked
JR4DAH's 5 watts on 5 bands.

I started the contest from home, working my station in the
desert remotely for several hours on Friday afternoon.  I drove
out to the station on Saturday morning; I managed to operate
almost 24 hours, which is pushing it for me.  But there was
something good going on every hour of the contest -- too bad I
had to take some breaks and sleep.

73 --  Dana, K6NR

Station: K3 + AL 1200   Antennas: 5L 10m yagi @ 48'; 5L 15m yagi@ 45';
4L 20m yagi @ 60'; A3 tribander @ 38';  40m 4 square, 80m
vertical over 66 radials, 160m inverted L