[SCCC] IE9 / Firefox compatibility in N6NB.com

Cliff K3LL K3LL at EEContent.com
Mon Feb 25 20:10:49 EST 2013

I'll take a look a bit later tonight, but you might want to check out...

http://validator.w3.org/

Also, some of the older HTML tags have been deprecated (fancy way of saying
discontinued), so being NS 4.0 compatible might be biting you.

73,

Cliff K3LL/6

-----Original Message-----
From: SCCC [mailto:sccc-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Wayne Overbeck
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 3:37 PM
To: sccc at contesting.com
Subject: [SCCC] IE9 / Firefox compatibility in N6NB.com

It's interesting that these compatibility
issues have come up now.  I spent most of the
weekend revising my web site and trying to get
it to look the same in IE and Firefox, not
to mention Safari and Chrome.

I'm NO programmer.  I was using only HTML
features supported by Netscape 4.0 (an ancient
version).  All I really wanted was for the
columns to align the same way in all browsers.
I never got there.  When IE looks okay, there's
extra space at the top and bottom of the left
column in Firefox.  If I fix that, it gets
messed up in IE.

This is the website that has a lot of 30-year-old
photos of SCCC members, among other content.  I
guess I'd like for the appearance not to detract
too much from the content.

It's at www.n6nb.com.  If anyone who knows HTML
could look at the code and identify what is
causing these spacing issues, I'd be much obliged.

73,
Wayne, N6NB