[SCCC] Fw: [CQ-Contest] 2013 Kid's Day @ KH6LC

Dennis Younker NE6I ne6i at cox.net
Wed Jan 2 21:23:06 EST 2013

This is a great way to get youngsters interested in amateur radio. I
encourage everyone to take a little time out on Sunday to work a few of
these stations. I've done so the past couple of years, and the excitement
I've heard in their voices has been very rewarding to me. Early exposure to
radio in my teens is what got me interested in it, and it wound up not only
influencing me toward getting a license, but my career ended up being in
communications as well. Little things like this can wind up being a huge
influence on the kids of the world.

73, Dennis NE6I