[SCCC] CQ160 CW N6KI(@W6HCD) Single Op Assisted HP

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 06:31:53 EST 2013

  CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6KI
Operator(s): N6KI
Station: W6HCD

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: CA

Total:  QSOs = 410  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 10  Total Score = 61,184

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Contest Logging Computer refused to let me get rig control so after 2 hours
of computer hell, went to the backup laptop. Had S9+5 noise both nites and
still struggled to pull many stations out of noise even with K3 Noise
Reduction
and also tried using 6 ft RX Loop. Worked all states except elusive South
Dakota.
Worked 10 countries and best DX was Azores and Chile. No VK, ZLs or JAs for
me
this year but quitting both nites at 3 to 4 AM sacrificed a bunch of Qs I am
sure.
Local area Noise was so bad, I tried both the K3 and IC-7800 and worked
hard to
pull MANY stns out of noise

Since Antenna very close to house, I constantly lost Internet as RFI shut
down routers etc.

K3, IC-7800, ACOM 2000A, Full Size 160 mtr Inverted V dipole at 70 ft in
tower

and 6 ft RX Loop

73, Dennis N6KI