[SCCC] SCCC Sponsorship request for Our Two WRTC2014 NA#6 Teams

Timothy Coker n6win73 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 19:30:49 EDT 2013

All, I am writing to encourage you to join me in working collectively to
sponsor one or both of our two SCCC led WRTC 2014 Teams. This time both W6
Teams are led by our very own SCCC members.

NA#6 Team One is led by Danny N6MJ who has chosen Chris KL9A to join him
again.

NA#6 Team Two is led by John K6AM who I believe has chosen David N6AN to
join him.

Here is the information I have received from K1DG in response to my inquiry
of how the SCCC could help sponsor our teams:

*********************

Tim -

OK...we are ready to fly with the new program...see this page on our Web
site:

http://www.wrtc2014.org/sponsors/team-village-sponsors/

SCCC members can make tax-deductible contributions to defray the costs
of lodging and meals for the W6 teams in the Team Village. The club
will be acknowledged publicly in multiple places for its generosity.

Lots of clubs did their Tent Sponsorships by encouraging members to
make individual donations, then the club matched them.

Mechanics:

PayPal to donations at wrtc2014.org      (include a note stating that it
is for the NA#6 Team Village Sponsorship(s), and include donor's name
and callsign)

OR

Check payable to WRTC2014, Inc., mailed to:

  PO Box 444
  Hanover, NH 03755

add a note on the check with relevant info...

Feel free to copy all that info above to your club mailing list.

Tu & 73,

Doug K1DG

*********************

Now I would like to add that while the SCCC has no funding that I am aware
of to match donations, I am personally willing to match dollar for dollar
the first $500 that our club members donate toward sponsoring our teams. I
want to make sure that at least one of our teams are sponsored.

However, can we sponsor both of our teams? We have over 192 club members
listed on our roster. If half of our members donated $15 we would have this
in the bag. As with all fundraisers ANYTHING you are able to donate would
be excellent.

I will create a webpage on my site that will track the donations made by
our club members. I will ask all donors if they want to be listed by
callsign or anonymous. Doug and Dick (WC1M) have given me the thumbs up
that they will be able to track who is donating and will send me this
information so that I will know when we reach our goal. I will update the
webpage at least once per week in order to keep club members knowledgeable
about our progress.

I hope that those of you who are in a position in life to donate will
really consider helping our hard working fellow SCCC members while the
proudly represent us next summer in the WRTC!

73,

Tim / N6WIN.

http://www.n6win.com/index_files/SCCCWRTC2014TEAMSPONSORSHIP.htm