[SCCC] REMINDER WPX CW Log Submission Deadline June 1 (was May 31) 2359 UTC

Dennis Younker NE6I ne6i at cox.net
Sat Jun 1 21:54:15 EDT 2013

Thanks, Bruce.

Here is what the WPX rules web page says:

XV. Deadline: All entries must be emailed or postmarked NO LATER than April
6, 2013 for SSB section and June 1, 2013 for the CW section. Logs emailed or
postmarked after the deadline may be ineligible for any awards.

Clearly, that means 2359 time on June 1. What is not so clear is what time
zone. It should say UTC or local, or whatever CQ specifies. Lacking that, it
becomes ambiguous and should be interpreted as worst case, which for us in
Calif, would be local.

If mailed via postal mail, a post mark of June 1 (regardless of time) would
be accepted. Personally, I would assume the same for email based on what I
see in the rules.

To me, it's clear that N4TZ has mis-interpreted the rules. 2359Z May 31 is
definitely not June 1. And since there is no designation as to time zone,
one could assume local time and not UTC. Clearly, CQ should firm this
specification up.