[SCCC] ARRL June VHF Contest

Dave Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 22:46:05 EDT 2013

So what was your score?

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, Arizona DM22

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Putnam
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 7:25 PM
To: Paul Dorey
Cc: SCCC
Subject: Re: [SCCC] ARRL June VHF Contest

Paul,

I'm sorry to hear your VHF contest experience was less than
sterling.

On Saturday, I worked several stations in Puerto Rico and one in
Cuba,
but missed P43A. Later the band shifted to Texas and the mid-west
for
several hours.

Sunday morning was equally outstanding with the Seattle area,
British
Columbia and Alberta, Canada, logged.

I used only 100 watts and an M2 6M5XHP at 20 feet, operating
portable
from Grid DM23. It was 105 degrees in the shade, and no shade.

There was plenty of magic in the band this weekend.

Peter
NI6E