[SCCC] W6TK

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 22:33:41 EDT 2013

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24.75

------------
  160:    4
   80:   84
   40:  269
   20:  402
   15:  851
   10:   97
------------

Comments:  Frustration finally turned into fun Sat afternoon when
JA's were plentiful on 15 and later in evening 20 opened up to deep
Russia and Middle Eastern countries.  Finally was able to get mult
count up.  I have mostly done this contest Single Op but with condx
the way they were and not sure how much time I was going to be able to put
in I decided to go "Assisted".  Glad I did with condx as
intermittent as they were.  SO(A) helped get the wpx count up - still not
as good as I've done as SO in past.  My 3rd best wpx count and overall
score.  Fun to work so many Middle Eastern stations Sat evening on 20.
Thanks for all the JA Q's and all the locals - they all count - especially
the interesting prefixes!  One of my favorite contests - better condx would
have helped make it an all-time high - but will have to wait for another
year!  73's
Dick

FT-1000MP MkV --->Alpha 87A
Ant: 4 Ele SteppIR with 40 mtr dipole and 1/4 wave slopers for 160 and 80
S/W = N1MM
Interface: MicroKeyer I