[SCCC] W6TK

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 12:23:21 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: SB
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   50
   40:   92
   20:  239
   15:  162
   10:   40
------------

Comments: For some reason I had significant trouble getting started this
year.  First two hours were not very productive....of course running 150
watts is not like running 1500 - guess that 10 db does make a difference!
There were times that the 150 watts and the 4 Ele SteppIR seemed to feel
loud - but not as often as I would have liked.  I decided to go SO(U) LP to
make a run at the SW Dist record. I did better the record, as well as the
SB Section record - BUT I noticed that WZ7R broke the SW District record as
well - and bettered my score, hopefully I will have the SB record for
whatever that is worth.  It was good to have two active stations (maybe
more) from NT.  My last three sections this year were NLI, NNY and QC.
Finally got those early Sunday morning before church - I thought I was not
going to get through to Serge, VE2AWR, my last section - the pile-up was
pretty massive - but it finally worked down and I made it.  Another Mug to
add to the collection....but obviously not as hard when I use the cluster.
Last two years we did a Multi-Single from our place but this year went back
to SO - hopefully we will get back to MS next year - looks like the guys in
SDG, NX6T, did a great job filling in the gap for W6YI.  Congrats to all.
Keep having fun and hopefully the conditions will remain good through the
Fall/Winter.
73 - Dick - W6TK