[SCCC] K6ZH SS CW 13 summary

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 4 17:10:24 EST 2013

CallSign Used : K6ZH
Operator(s) : K6ZH
Operator Category : SINGLE-OP, ASSISTED
Power : LOW
ARRL Section : SDG
Club/Team : Southern California Contest Club
Time:  about 13 hours
Software : N1MM Logger V12.10.3
        Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
         3.5      13     	   26   	 0
           7      170       340    	6
          14      65       130   	11
          21     204      408   	35
          28      74      148   	31
       Total     526    1052   	83

            Score : 87,316

Well, I decided that I wanted another coffee mug and that I'd try get it as
quickly as I could - hence the Assisted entry!  My story is almost identical
to Dick W6TK's - spent a lot of time S&P, getting stuck in big pile-ups on
'rare' sections, not running much rate, etc.

By Sat. evening I had worked 'em all, *except* for VE2!  But when I got up
Sun. morning, there was VE2AWR on 20.  I slogged through the pileup and got
him.  I later had VE2FK call me while I had a run going on 15 - you just
never know!

Condx were terrific on 10 and 15 - and for many hours!  What a treat
compared to years when and 10, and sometimes 15, are dead.

Hopefully I'll be able to be at our QTH in Goldfield, NV for SS CW next
year.  The only NV I heard (and worked) this entire contest was W7RN -
backscatter on 15.  In fact I worked *all* of the W6 / NV / UT / AZ sections
on 10 or 15 meter backscatter - hence I spent very little time on 80.

Tnx for the Qs.  And good show, NX6T gang!  73 - Jim, K6ZH