[SCCC] CQWW CW OC4CW(@OA4TT) M/S HP

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 25 11:36:24 EST 2013

Gang - Bud, N7CW, and I joined Jack OA4TT (a.k.a. N6XQ) at Jack's FB QTH a couple of hours south of Lima.  We ran a 3-element SteppIR on 40 through 10, and verticals on 80 and 160.  Bud also brought 10 and 15 meter Moxons for the mult. station.  Radios were a K3 + Kenwood TL-922B amp (run station) and an IC-756 PRO II + KPA500 amp for the mult. station.
Prior to the contest Bud and I were on for a good part of 4 days, running stations; between the 2 of us we made almost 5000 Qs.  I personally made over 1000 QSOs on 12 meter CW alone!  The EU pileups were amazing - 80 to 10.  Good practice, I guess, for the contest, but I can only hear what I can hear at any given time!
Tnx VERY much to Jack, his lovely wife Judy, and Judy's sister Ingrid for hosting us in style!!  We had a wonderful experience - including some 'touristing time.'
Cheers / 73 - Jim, OA4/K6ZH, part of OC4CW team