[SCCC] N6WS

Bill Shell n6ws at n6ws.com
Mon Nov 25 22:03:41 EST 2013

SCCCers,

I spent 23 hours operating the CQWWCW.  That was more time than I have
dedicated to ham radio since the 2012 CQWWCW.  I need to take a lesson
from W6TK, and enter more contests to get ready for my retirement
years.  This contest was really a lot of fun, and I heard a lot of
familiar stations on the bands that brought back fond memories of
contesting.

To phase back into contesting, I thought I would try just pointing &
clicking on the band-map just to see how many points I could get without
really tuning the radio or running. That lasted until early Saturday
morning when 80m seemed was pretty hot.  I decided to try running
stations using low power, but after 30 minutes and only got 35 contacts
I went back to pointing and clicking on high power.  So, all but 35 of
my contacts came off the cluster.

I was a little disappointed the automatic antenna pointing in N1MM was
broken in the latest version.  I wanted to keep my hands occupied with
just the keyboard and mouse instead of reaching for the radio or antenna
rotor control.

73, Bill
N6WS

                   CQWWCW Summary Sheet

        Start Date : 2013-11-22

     CallSign Used : N6WS
       Operator(s) : N6WS

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
              Band : ALL
             Power : HIGH
              Mode : CW
Overlay Category : TB-WIRES
  Default Exchange : 3
        Gridsquare : CM95RA

              Name : Bill
           Address : 260 Mesa Road
    City/State/Zip : Nipomo  CA  93444
           Country : USA

      ARRL Section : SB
         Club/Team : SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CONTEST CLUB
          Software : N1MM Logger V13.10.2

         Band    QSOs    Pts  ZN    Cty
          1.8      11      23    7    7
          3.5      73     195   17   24