[SCCC] CA QSO Party - WN6K

PAUL DOREY wn6k at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 6 22:41:20 EDT 2013

California QSO Party Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24 Summary: Band  CW Qs  Ph Qs
-------------------- 160:    0     0 80:  103     0 40:  185     0 20:  305     0 15:  363     0 10:   24     0 6:    0     0 2:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  980     0  Mults = 56  Total Score = 164,640 Club: SAN DIEGO DX CLUB Comments: Although we had Santa Ana weather conditions here, the winds were mild here but
the dry air static was way too much 'fun'.  Did only CW this year and the raw
score was above 2012's effort although the total Q Count was below the 1K
mark. Went to 10m for a tiny bit on Sunday morning and had 8 in the log (4 were
EUs)and only went back a few more times in the day to find it was a desert...
When I worked an SP and a DL that were LOUD, I thought there was going to be
hope - but it turned out to be like fishing on an off day and soon I gave it
up. 15m was the most 'steady' band with all the others suffering from either the
high static noise of the aforementioned wx condx OR just ups and downs (QSB)
that made staying there long not so fruitful. Miseed VT and NT and the few that were missing up till Sunday afternoon were
basically "onesies" so hope all my information collected was ok. 73 and TNX for the Qs and a great Party as usual NCCC. WN6K, Paul