[SCCC] Fw: [NCCC] AI6V

JIM NEIGER n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 22 17:14:01 EDT 2013

From: Tom K5RC
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:49 PM
To: nccc at contesting.com
Subject: [NCCC] AI6V

Forwarding this from Sue. He could use moral support from NCCC.

Hi, Tom,

You're the first recipient of an e-mail from Carl since his stroke.  He didn't do too badly, did he.  Fortunately, there were no physical or mental losses, but he did have a hit in the speaking arena.  It's so much better, and is improving daily.  He was extremely upset to miss out on the procedure after waiting so long.  Then, he worried that it wasn't a possibility with the stroke risk, but the cardiologists have assured him there are ways to approach such a case as his without the danger of causing another stroke, but he has to heal up first.  This means more waiting, which does not make him happy.

Looks like he's in the hospital, rehab unit, until next  Friday, with a focus on clearing up the lungs while he participates in various therapies to keep a semblance of balance and walking, etc.  I  have my own bed in his room, and am served a guest tray each meal. Works out great, as I am here to help with dr conferences, and give Carl as much TLC as I can.

Just the last couple days, he's felt up to reading books, the newspaper, playing cards, and we watched a movie off Netflix on a laptop last night.  A few local friends have visited, which gave him a boost.

88  Sue