[SCCC] WRTC2014

David Hodge davidchodge at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 20:47:24 EDT 2014

Greeting, SCCCers.

I just wanted to say thank you, on behalf of John, K6AM, and myself, for your support
of the WRTC 2014 event and our participation in particular.
In case you haven't viewed the many photos taken by various photographers here is
a link to some of N6TV's shots of the K1W team and site.

https://picasaweb.google.com/rawilson/WRTC2014Friday11JulySiteVisits#6035428193447126962

The organizing committee certainly delivered an excellent competition and celebration of contesting.
My congratulations for a job superbly done.

And my thanks to those of you who offered equipment for loan when I posted that request in June.
I appreciate your generosity.

This has been quite a six month period for me. In February I began escrow on my first home, a condo in Pasadena. Move in was the end of April. My son graduated from high school on May 24th. The following evening we were on an airplane headed forVK for a 16 day visit. About two weeks after our return was Field Day, the shake down exercise for WRTC. And then the actual event. Wow!
In two weeks my son goes off to Pittsburgh, to Carnegie Mellon University, for what I hope will be four fruitful years of college.
So, I will be an empty nester. Now, maybe I can get really serious about my contesting, hi!

Thank you all again!
73,
David N6AN