[SCCC] K6NA CQWWCW 2014

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Tue Dec 2 22:22:55 EST 2014

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K6NA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SoCal (Northern SDG county)
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

   160:   43    11       21
    80:  176    28       54
    40:  691    34       99
    20:  210    33       80
    15:  444    35      102
    10:  783    34      106
------------------------------

Comments:  I've been slowly building some new Yagis here to replace
the old ones which are starting to come apart after 30+ years.  I did
get a new 10m OWA up at 70ft in time for phone SS and it was nice to
have the second antenna to go with the high one at 150ft (different
tower) for this contest.  Ten was hot and it was helpful to instantly
switch to a different direction - no surprise there.  I'm fortunate
to have two antennas for every band except 160.  Currently for 20m my
high one at 140ft is broken, so I'm using only the low one (60ft) on that band.

Over the past several years, I haven't been diligent about chasing
noise sources and so I had a few hours on several bands where noise
limited what I could hear.  Many of you know how frustrating that can
be!  The contest was motivating for me, and I hope to chase down some
of the noise sources in the coming months....

As always, thanks go to Bruce, WA7BNM for his great work on the
calendar and 3830scores.com.  His consolidation of resources makes
prepping for the contests, and submitting logs, so easy for us.

--Glenn K6NA