[SCCC] W6PH ARRL 160 SOHP

W6ph--- via SCCC sccc at contesting.com
Sun Dec 7 18:49:03 EST 2014

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station:  W6PH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA
Operating Time (hrs):  21+10

Total:  QSOs = 756  Sections = 78   Countries = 4  Total Score = 127,920

Club: Southern California  Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:  Ftdx3000 (first night) K3  (second night) AL-1200  Win-Test
Antenna:  60 foot inductively  loaded sloper below 3L 20m yagi at 60 feet

I wanted to see how the two  radios compared and found them both to be very
satisfactory.  I couldn't  see any discernible difference between them.
Both
are good  radios.

I slept four hours both nights as things got real slow and got  back up at
4 am
to work some remnants of the east coast.  I thought  conditions were better
the
first night and signals seemed weaker and more  fading on Saturday night.
The
second night was slow digging out  stations that I didn't work the first
night.
It was worse than Sunday  afternoon in the SS.

I missed MAR, PR, AK, NL, and NT.  DX was PJ2T  (worked before sunset), XE
(lots), ZF2AH, and a handful of JA's.

A fun  contest.  Ten Meters next weekend.

73, Kurt  W6PH