[SCCC] ARRL RTTY Roundup - Call for Photos and Stories/Comments for QST

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:46:49 EST 2014

hi - As many of you know I now am the article writer for QST for the RTTY
Roundup. To write a great article I need your input!

So please do plan ahead and take photos of your operation - just make sure
those computers look like they are actually doing RTTY!

Photos need to be high resolution for QST, the best thing to do is send the
image file as it came out of the camera directly to me via email.

And please send along any stories or comments about your Roundup
experience, including but not limited to:

- propagation, good and bad
- a funny thing happened...
- maybe this is your first experience doing a RTTY contest?
- equipment, especially anything unusual
- interesting guest ops (including kids)
- personal challenges or triumphs (or tragedies...)
- anything of note that happened during the practice sessions

ALSO - Ed W0YK just gave me an idea: Please share which wine(s) you enjoyed
during the Roundup and/or practice sessions - OR - if you are not a
"contest drinker" - which wine(s) you would be inclined to enjoy if you
were to have wine during the Roundup. This could make for a fun sidebar!

Thanks very much and have fun!! - jeff wk6i

ps: I will be receiving all of the Soapbox text from your logs, but if you
think of something more after you submit, just send it along to me.

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com