[SCCC] NX6T San Diego Contets Club CQ 160 DX CW MS HP

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 20:02:14 EST 2014

               CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI WA2OOB N0DY KB7V NN6X N6EEG WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CA

Total:  QSOs = 599  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 14  Total Score = 103,017

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Fortunately we had lower noise than usual especially on Saturday night.
Our station wiring was a bit convoluted as we wired 2 stations for the 160
contest and left station #3 configured to run all other bands so the crew could
work FT5 Dx-pedition and luckily the FT5 group came on the air towards end of
160 contest and were able to be worked on 40 mtr band.
We worked all states with VT being last
holdout just before contest ended. We were not so lucky with the Canadian
stations never heard MB, SK, NB, NF, LB, NT, YT, NU - wonder how many of those
stations were actually on and if we just didn't have propagation or they lay
under our noise floor. K3, TS-590, ACOM 2000A, 160 mtr full length dipole @ 70
ft
73 de N6KI