[SCCC] IARU 2014 NX6T M/S HP

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 19:50:06 EDT 2014

IARU HF World Championship

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI KL7SB WB6NBU NN6X NA6L
Station: NX6T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

  160:    0       0     0       0
   80:    4      95     9       6
   40:  100     291    27      13
   20:   98     526    40      40
   15:   29     518    26      26
   10:    0       0     0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  231    1430   102      85  Total Score = 997,084

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Best effort from Fallbrook portable site. Seemed like we could never get
much action on SSB so we just stayed with CW. Guest Op KL7SB happened to be
in SoCal and saved the day when 2 OPs had top bail at last minute. Steve
was much improved from his last visit back in 2011 and anchored the early
morning hours. Newbie SSB  OP, NA6L, John, visited and was tossed to the
lions, unfortunately there wasn't much action on SSB but enough to give him
the Baptism of Fire in the Hot Seat and
expect he will return for future efforts as we bring him up to contest
operating speed. Computer network failed late Saturday afternoon forcing a
shutdown of our S&P station and RFI into keyboards, which we have not seen in
years came back to force us to do most sending by hand. Murphy just
never sleeps
!
2 K3s, 70 and 40 ft Tower Trailers, 2 2 EL 40 Yagigs, 2 3 EL SteppIR Yagis,
80 and 160 Inv V Dipoles.

 73 de Dennis N6KI