[SCCC] Solar Panel RFI

Daniel Severance via SCCC sccc at contesting.com
Tue Jul 22 12:45:53 EDT 2014

Hi,
If anyone has a portable analyzer they should be able to walk around the neighborhood to see what noise levels are like in houses with solar (perhaps compare mid-day vs dusk in case the house has other noise sources).  If you have a company you are thinking of going with they should provide references for customers who have the same system installed (since random solar installations don't tell you about certain equipment that is better than others).
Cheers,
Dan
N6ERD

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:13 PM, "Jeff Kincaid, W6JK" <w6jk at arrl.net> wrote:

We have a 10 KW installation here at the shop in Torrance.  It's a very noisy location, but I don't know that any of the noise is from the solar system.  If anyone would like to make measurements, I sure the management (WB6SLC) would be accommodating.

Jeff W6JK