[SCCC] Surprise 10M conditions in RDXC

Prasad VU2PTT vu2ptt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:13:49 EDT 2014

Folks:

I have been unable to contest or operate much these days as the new QTH
gets ready. But during the RDXC I happened to go into the shack and turn
the radio on - and heard to my utter surprise K6ACW with nice S5 signal on
a quiet band at 0230z. I listened for a bit and made the QSO running a
vertical at this end.

Nice to be able to get into the Sand Diego area as per his QRZ address. I
did not hear anyone else at the time and looked like there were very few
skimmers on 10m at the time so my CQs were not registered on any skimmer
except one form China. I ended making 14 QSOs in RDXC - hope to be more
active form the new place. :)

The new QTH will be ready in May and after the dust has settled my C3S
should be at around 80ft up from the old height of 50 ft. I am beginning to
look around for a used short 40m 2-el beam if I can find one to stack above
the C3S at the new place. Any leads welcome.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT, W2PTT (ex-AF6DV)

ARSI, ARRL, FOC, CWOPS, 5BDXCC
NCDXF, INDEXA, SCCC, EUPSK, MARC
ARRL DXCC Card Checker