[SCCC] SS CW W6RFU(AC6T) School Club HP

Jeff Kincaid, W6JK w6jk at arrl.net
Mon Nov 3 13:04:50 EST 2014

There was _lots_ of activity from SB this year.  Way to go!

'JK

On Monday, November 3, 2014 9:04 AM, Steve Long <ac6t_2 at verizon.net> wrote:

                     ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W6RFU
Operator(s): AC6T
Station: W6RFU

Class: School Club HP
QTH: SB
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R  20/40 and 40/80

------------
   160:
    80:   76
    40:   76
    20:  320
    15:  355
    10:  245
------------

Great run for first 5 hrs or so.  40 was a disaster though - kept getting
reports of radio problems.  Turned out the keyer was picking up RF on 40m and
modulating the signal.  So missed a lot of Qs on 40 until I figured out what
was going on.  I think my last minute HP SO2R setup was flawed.

K3 died about an hour before the contest was over.  Other than the above, the
station seemed to do pretty well.  Now I need to go back to clean up the mess - hi!

K3 and TS850.  SB220 and SB200.  C4SXL and dipole for 80.

I was really glad when the contest was over!  Let's see how W6YX and K0HC do
in school club.  Maybe W6RFU will come in second place to Stanford this time.

  Steve AC6T