[SCCC] W6QAR SS CW single op lp unassisted

Drew Arnett kb9fko at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 23:19:41 EST 2014

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W6QAR
Operator(s): KB9FKO
Station: W6QAR

Class: Single-Op LP unassisted
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): ~13 hours

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   54
   20:  111
   15:   69
   10:   54
------------
Total:  288 Sections = 71  Total Score = 40,896

Club: San Diego Contest Club

First chance to submit contest scores under SCCC.  Not a
stellar score, but met my goals:  operate at least 12
hours, work a good number of sections, and work at least
25/hr.  (I had to "warm up" a bit with my rusty CW.)  Surprised that
I only got a good run going for about an hour.  Pleased that the 10
QSO peak rate was north of 60 given the exchange for SS.
Ran 100W barefoot with a wire antenna.  Gain antenna would
have been nice for the great high band propagation.  My first
serious try at SS CW.  Definitely different from FD or a VHF test.