[SCCC] Fwd: [NCCC] Old DX Convention photos

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Sun Nov 23 16:25:47 EST 2014

These are neat.

73,

Hank, W6SX

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Johnson <jjoker at dxhound.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Subject: [NCCC] Old DX Convention photos
To: nccc at contesting.com

Hi,

I have just posted some photos of the NCDXC/SCDXC convention
that we used to have in Fresno (now in Visalia).  I know a
lot of contesters are also DXers so if you're an old-timer,
you'll probably enjoy seeing some of these guys in their prime.
I've put the year 1966 on them as it's my best guess at the
year.  Others may be able to pinpoint it better than my guess.

In those days, we had a bus that started in San Francisco and
headed down the peninsula, picking people up along the way.
One "feature" of the bus was a makeshift bar that was set up
in the back so that convention attendees could have refreshing
beverages (!) along the way.  That made our arrival in Fresno
even more entertaining.   :-)

If you can identify more of the players, please let me know
and I'll add their ID to the respective picture.  Tnx.  Here
is the link, you may have to copy/paste since I'm sending this
in plain text:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127847742@N04/

73,
Jim W6SC (WA6SII)