[SCCC] N6MI -- CQP report

J. Scott Bovitz bovitz at bovitz.com
Mon Oct 6 18:14:47 EDT 2014

This is N6MI's CQP report.

The N6MI (n6mi.com) van is a former electronic news gathering (ENG) vehicle
with a big pneumatic mast. I operate Field Day style, when I get the chance.

On the way to Monterey County, the N6MI van (n6mi.com) stopped dead on the
freeway in Sylmar. I coasted to the side of the freeway. The battery was
fine. I had lots of gas. The vehicle did not overheat. There were no leaking
fluids. The car would no longer start.

I was picked up by a flat bed tow truck in 20 minutes. (Thank you, AAA.) The
height of the mast (now on the tow truck) was 15 feet, 6 inches. So we could
not go under any low bridges...and gosh there are a zillion low bridges
between Sylmar and the Ford dealer.

After returning home (in the smallest rental car in the universe), K6VCR
(Tom) set up a nice mobile operation in the N6MI (Scott) Nissan pickup truck
(n6mi.com/Images/2014-10-04-N6MI-Kern-County.jpg). We operated mobile (and
mobile at rest) in Kern, Ventura, Los Angeles, and Orange Counties. Thank
you for listening to our puny signal -- all 407 of you.

The dealer is replacing the fuel pump today.

73,

N6MI