[SCCC] CQ WW SSB Contest

JOHN SCHROEDER n6qq at msn.com
Wed Oct 29 05:13:20 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6QQ
Operator(s): N6QQ
Station: N6QQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

  160:
   80:
   40:       69     19       41
   20:      150    35      100
   15:       274    34      115
   10:       437    32      119
------------------------------
Total:  930   120      375  Total Score = 1,273,140

10 Meters - mornings fill from 28.300 to 29.6 Mhz.   119 countries - a best for me.

DXCC on three bands.  Worked a total of 145 countries.

Solar Flux - 217 and Sun Spots - 138 - Problem was A index was 12.

20 meters never came alive.

A big difference on the afternoon JA's runs.  Normally work 300 plus JA's. this
year only 179.  Have discuss this with a couple of JA's - their feelings were
the bands were so good - the JA's were able to work lots of good DX, with out
having to work the USA.

40 meters was down, as I do not operate from 8:00 pm to midnight.

At age of 72, have notice the drop in seat time.  No longer the plus 30 hours.

Antenna: 4 element SteppIR at full height.
Acom 2000A and an IC-7800.

Now lets see what happens with CQ WW CW - if the 32 day sun rotation works, bands
should be alive.

John, N6QQ

73 John -- N6QQ

ARRL and CQ awards QSL checker