[SCCC] NE6I NA Spring SSB

Dennis Younker NE6I NE6I at cox.net
Sun Feb 1 00:29:14 EST 2015

NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: NE6I

Operator(s): NE6I

Station: NE6I

Class: Single Op HP

QTH: CA

Band  QSOs  Op Time

---------------------

   80:

   40:   50

   20:   94

---------------------

First SSB Sprint I have done in years. Sure was a lot of fun! I used N1MM+
for the first time and all went smoothly. Had some trouble entering Hawaii
as HI initially but it seems to have come out okay. Not clear if I was
supposed to enter HI or KH6 but both gave me fits on the first QSO with
Hawaii.

I had RF getting into the audio on 40m for some reason. First time that's
happened. Had to scale back the power to 500 watts to keep it down to a
minimum. I'll have to do some troubleshooting to figure that out.

Rig: Yaesu FTDX3000D, Alpha 87a, very low dipoles on 40 and 20. No antenna
for 80m at this time.