[SCCC] FS: AL-1200

W6ph--- via SCCC sccc at contesting.com
Tue Jun 9 00:22:52 EDT 2015

I have ordered an Expert amp and it will replace the AL-1200 that I have
owned for the last 20 years.  It is a very early model and I bought it from
the first owner.  I replaced the bandswitch about 10 years ago because  of
an arc in one of the wafers.  It has operated flawlessly since  then.  It has
been used in numerous contests and most recently in the ARRL  160M Contest
and the ARRL 10M Contest.  It puts out 1500 watts on all  bands.  The tube
is a 3CX1200 which is almost indestructible and very  forgiving.  The
filament is instant-on and there is no warm up time nor a  grid protection circuit
because it doesn't need it.  Cosmetically it is in  good shape.  I would
like $1000 if you pick it up it Lone Pine.  Or I  can deliver it to SoCal for
$1200.  I believe that this amp is the best  manually tuned amp that you can
have.  But it weighs 75 pounds.

I also have a very good Collins WE 30L-1 that puts out 600 watts.  The
only cosmetic flaw is some scrapes on the inside of the trim ring when the amp
was removed from the cabinet.  Other than that it looks new.  The caps  and
diodes were replaced with the Young Kim board because the original caps
blew  up.  I would like $500 for it picked up in Lone Pine.

Lastly I have an SB-200 that I built in 1965 and am ready to part with  it.
 The tubes are getting weak I think as there was less than 500 watts
output the last time we had it on the air at the K6Z CQP station.  I will  sell
it for $225 picked up in Lone Pine.

73, Kurt W6PH  (_w6ph at aol.com_ (mailto:w6ph at aol.com) )   760-876-4811