[SCCC] Fwd: [CQ-Contest] Special CWTs this week

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Mon Mar 9 10:23:47 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay at storm.ca>
Date: Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Special CWTs this week
To: cq-contest at contesting.com

OK, the big SSB contest is over and we can plan for the rest of the week
now.

As usual, CWOps will be running three one-hour CWTs this week, but they
will be a little different from usual. The latest CW Academy class is
graduating, and in their honor we are dedicating this week's sessions to
welcoming CWA graduates. On March 11, please restrain your competitive
spirit and reduce your speed to 20 wpm or less, to encourage the graduates
to join in (and for the rest of us to have a slower-paced, more relaxed
time too – everyone deserves a break now and then!).

The CWA graduates will be sending CWA in place of the CWOps number in the
CWT exchange. Please say a few words to welcome them when you meet them in
the CWTs.

Remember the time change that just happened this weekend in most of North
America. The CWTs will still be at the same UTC times, but that means an
hour later local time for many of us:

1300Z (= 9 am EDT, 6 am PDT)
1900Z (= 3 pm EDT, noon PDT)
0300Z March 12 (= 11 pm EDT, 8 pm PDT Wednesday)

Also, please keep an eye out for E30FB or other DXpeditions, and QSY to
avoid them as necessary.

CWops Tests rules are at <http://www.cwops.org/cwt.html> .

CWops Tests exchange - Members: Name and CWops Member Number. Nonmembers:
Name and State, Province, or DX Country Prefix.

Lots of contacts or just a few, please report your results to <
http://3830scores.com/> .

73,
Rich VE3KI
CWOps Tests Manager