[SCCC] Fw: ARRLDX SSB WN6K SOAB LP

PAUL DOREY wn6k at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 10 23:08:37 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Vista, CA

  160:    0     0
   80:   23    15
   40:  300    37
   20:   46    31
   15:  337    61
   10:  338    63
-------------------
Total: 1044   207  Total Score = 648,324

For the cruddy on/off conditions that were exhibited most of the weekend, I
guess one should not protest too much.  It was fun to be told as an LP station
that I was the first CA in their log (non-JA) and to work so many 005 stations
in JA as well as YB's.  Got a nice comeback from 9K9Z when I said he was a very
loud Long Path signal as he followed that wished more would take notice.

Sunday was overall fairly pedestrian and I went upstairs and pulled out my last
Grisham novel from the Christmas library - real books are easier to deal with in
contests and Sundays are especially good there as the rates really plummet.

I had a Dr. Appointment on Monday and she mentioned that contesting (after me explaining what it was) was far too sedentary so I think maybe I should install a stationary bike with keyboard / controller and a bookstand so that both worlds
will be satisfied.

WN6K, Paul

FT-5000
SteppIR -DB18 @55ft. (40-6m)