[SCCC] KG7NV in 7QP

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Tue May 5 13:29:08 EDT 2015

Bruce N7TY flew out from MD to join me this past weekend for 7QP at Joan's and my home in Goldfield, Esmeralda County, NV.  This was the first time out for the new TH-3, assembled by me and NA6L, and installed by K7NV a few weeks ago.  Kurt also installed a rebuilt Ham 3 rotor.  I used my KPA-500 with the IC-746.  And it all played really well!  We had some great runs on all bands, especially on 20 CW, 15 SSB, and 40 SSB.  10 was dead, but other bands were great.  Ended up with 1200 Qs!  I think we and W7RN were the major players from NV, although I did work about 6 other NV stations on Sat. evening.

This was fun!  73 - Jim, K6ZH, a.k.a. KG7NV

P.S. before the contest, we gave Howard W6HDG from SDDXC his first-ever NV QSO!

Summary follows:

CallSign Used : KG7NV
      Operator(s) : K6ZH N7TY

Operator Category : MULTI-OP
             Band : ALL
            Power : HIGH
             Mode : MIXED
 Default Exchange : NVESM
       Gridsquare : DM17

             Name : Jim Price
          Address : 4953 Lorraine Drive
   City/State/Zip : San Diego  CA  92115
          Country : USA

     ARRL Section : NV
        Club/Team : SCCC
         Software : N1MM Logger+ 1.0.4876.0

        Band  Mode  QSOs   Pts
         3.5  CW        55     165
         3.5  LSB       20      40
           7  CW       172     516
           7  LSB      178     356
          14  CW       360    1080
          14  USB     138     276
          21  CW      156     468
          21  USB     106     212
          28  CW        13      39
          28  USB        2       4
       Total  Both  1200    3156 x 67 mults = 211,452 score