[SCCC] FD 1980

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Sun May 17 20:51:06 EDT 2015

There was no bones about it originally.
In the June 1934 QST is the announcement for the "Second Annual ARRL
Field Day Contest to Test Portables".
I guess at some time the term "operating event" became almost mandatory,
kind of like Starbucks insisting it's not small, medium, or large, but
Tall, Grande, and Venti, but they're not fooling anyone either.

John KQ6ES