[SCCC] N6HE WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Ray Day rayday at cox.net
Mon Nov 16 19:37:17 EST 2015

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N6HE

Operator(s): N6HE

Station: N6HE

Class: Single Op HP

QTH: S. Calif.

Band  QSOs  Pts  QTCs  Mults

------------------------------

   80:    7                   0       6

   40:   45                 10    16

   20:   54                 30    17

   15:  142              179    48

   10:    8                  30      6

------------------------------

Total:  256    ?    249    93    Total Score = 108,070

TenTec Omni VII, 500W amp, MicroKeyer II interface, WriteLog. OCF dipole up
25' for 40-20-10M, rotatable dipole for 15M up 30', open-wire-fed 40M Cobra
used on 80M (burned up tha balun, though).

I was getting a lot of good sig reports on the RBN from all over the
country, but couldn't get a decent run started; what's up with that?
Generally, where was everybody? Only a few EU stations heard; for a while I
thought it was going to be a Worked No Europe contest.

Tnx, AA5AU, for the tip that people were a LOT more inclined to send QTC's
rather than receive them!

15M was my money band, with other bands blah (10M didn't even suit up until
right near the end on Sunday for me). Even the usual big-time 40M early AM
and 10/15/20M afternoon JA openings were the pits.

Heard a lot on new calls to my RTTY experience - a warm welcome to you guys!

Still looking for how to get WriteLog to 1) send "PLS RPT QTC:10" (1-9
macros all OK) and 2) want to have WL in the "PLS RPT..." macros send the
QTC number needed 2 or 3 times instead of just once. How do you WL guys
handle that?

Bottom line, while I would have liked more activity, this is still my
favorite contest of all of them! Thanks DARC and to everybody who made it
into my meager log! See you all in the next one!!!

73,

Ray N6HE

"It's always Field Day at my house!"