[SCCC] K6O - CQP

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:06:15 EDT 2015

                    California QSO Party

Call: K6O
Operator(s): W6TK N6WS KA3DRR W6SL
Station: W6TK

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: SLUI

  160:    11      1
   80:   117     61
   40:   305    316
   20:   306    371
   15:   263    236
   10:    29     43
    6:     0      0
    2:     0      0
--------------------
Total:  1031   1028  Mults = 57  Total Score = 293,208

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:  Great time at W6TK - thanks to the team: N6WS-Bill, Scot-KA3DRR,
W6SL-John and W6TK!  Had over 100/hr 1st 12 hrs - then things got quiet and
slowed way down after mid-night.  Sunday was rough - not only seemed there
less stations - but condx/propagation seemed less favorable.  Still we
worked some SCCC stations who were WAY up there in Q-count - W6YI-Danny and
W6R-Craig - super ops!!! We did get to work several of the SCCC Teams -
thanks to all of you for the Q's.  John, W6SL, was our cook - so he didn't
make many Q's - but kept us going through the weekend with his
specialties.  The XYL was down in Ventura county helping our bother-in-law
with his cattle round-up...really...hihi.  Most surprising for me was being
called about 2:30AM Sunday morning on 80 mtrs by HA8A - couldn't believe
it...band was rather 'dead' - suddenly he popped above the noise and kind
of woke me up!  I was running 200 watts at the time because we had RF
troubles on 80 with the amp.  Only bummer - we missed NT for the sweep -
obviously we weren't at the right place at the right time with the antenna
pointed in the right direction - congrats to all who worked him!

Thanks to NCCC for all their work at continuing to make CQP all that it is
- especially with this years commemorative GOLD RUSH calls - great work
guys!!!

Rig: FT-1000MP MkV --->Alpha 87A
Antennas: 4 Ele SteppIR at 55 Ft - with 2 Eles on 40; 1/4 wave slopers for
160 & 80
Interface - mircoKeyer II
Software - N1MM+

73's,
Dick - W6TK (for N6WS, KA3DRR and W6SL - the TEAM)